and LAB MANUALS
Dr. Matthias Laubenstein
(using Dr. Andrea Pocar's notes)
Dr. Norm Jarosik
- "WMAP Project" - August 10:
Drs. Ed Groth and Norm Jarosik
- Observatory visit, August 7 and 8, 2006
(Rain date Aug 10 & 11)
The objects we looked at were:
- Jupiter with all four Galilean moons visible.
- M57, the Ring Nebula, A shell of gas blown out by a dying star.
- Beta Cygnus, Alberio, A blue and red double star.
- M13, The Hercules Globular Cluster, a ball of perhaps a million stars
held together by their mutual gravity, the whole cluster in orbit
about our Milky Way Galaxy.
- The Moon.