Preprints and in preparation
- - pdf M. L. Manning and A.J. Liu. Vibrational modes identify soft spots in a sheared amorphous material. Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. arXiv:1012.4822
- - K. Chen, M. L. Manning, P. J. Yunker, W. G. Ellenbroek, Z. Zhang, A. J. Liu, and A. G. Yodh. Structural instabilities and low frequency modes in colloidal glasses.
- - M. L. Manning, J. Talbot, M. Lanio, E.-M. Schoetz. A minimal cell-cell interaction model for embryonic tissues.
- - pdf M. Lisa Manning, B. Bamieh, and J. M. Carlson. Eliminating spurious eigenvalues in the analysis of incompressible fluids and other systems of differential-algebraic equations. arXiv:0705.1542.
-  (supp.) M. L. Manning, R. A. Foty, M. S. Steinberg, and E.-M. Schoetz, “Coaction of intercellular adhesion and cortical tension specifies tissue surface tension,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 107, 28 12517-12522,(2010).
-  “Pulse-like, crack-like and supershear earthquake ruptures with shear strain localization,” E. G. Daub, M. L. Manning and J. M. Carlson, J. Geophys. Res. 115, B05311 (2010)
-  M. L. Manning, E. G. Daub, J. S. Langer and J. M. Carlson. Rate dependent shear bands in a shear transformation zone model of amorphous solids. Phys. Rev. E 79, 016110 (2009)
-  M. L. Manning, Effective temperature and strain localization in amorphous solids. Ph. D. Thesis. September 2008.
-  E. G. Daub, M. L. Manning and J. M. Carlson. Dynamic weakening due to strain localization in a constitutive model for fault gouge. Geophys. Res. Lett. 35, L12310 (2008).
-  J. S. Langer and M. L. Manning. Steady-state, effective-temperature dynamics in a glassy material.Phys. Rev. E 76 056107 (2007).
-  M. L. Manning, J. S. Langer, and J. M. Carlson. Strain localization in a shear transformation zone model for amorphous solids. Phys. Rev. E 76 056106 (2007).
-  M. Manning, J. M. Carlson, and J. Doyle . Highly Optimized Tolerance in dense and sparse resource regimes. Phys. Rev. E 76 056106 (2005).
Download my CV: [pdf]